Lawsuit says spilled tea at Colorado Starbucks disfigured woman, killed dog
A woman is seeking more than $75,000 in a federal lawsuit after she and her dog were severely scalded when an improperly lidded cup of very hot tea spilled on them at a Denver Starbucks drive-thru window, killing the dog and disfiguring the woman.
Deanna Salas-Solano’s dog Alexander was so severely burned that he died at an emergency veterinarian hospital and Salas-Solano was taken to the emergency room of Rose Medical Center. She was later taken to the Swedish Medical Center Burn and Reconstructive Unit to undergo skin grafts.
Starbucks denies the allegations. “We have video evidence that clearly contradicts the claims made by the plaintiff and believe they are without merit,” the company said in a prepared statement.
“We look forward to presenting our case in court. While we are sympathetic to Ms. Salas-Solano and the injuries she sustained, we don’t have any reason to believe our partner (employee) was at fault.”