List: Top wind gusts Monday in Colorado Springs and southern Colorado
- Click here for a list of closings and delays due to weather.
- Click here for live traffic and road updates.
- Click here for the latest on power outages and weather conditions.
Winds gusts have been as strong as 101 mph in the Colorado Springs area Monday - which would put them in the range of a category two hurricane.
Here's a look at the peak winds in the past 24 hours as listed by the National Weather Service in Pueblo and Gazette news partner KKTV:
Cheyenne Mountain Air Station - 101 mph
Air Force Academy - 78 mph
Manitou Springs - 99 mph
Colorado Springs Airport - 80 mph
Pueblo - 62 mph
Colorado City - 97 mph
Fountain - 66 mph
Rampart Reservoir - 61 mph
North Colorado Springs - 59 mph
Pikes Peak - 92 mph
Monarch Pass - 54 mph
Monument - 70 mph
San Isabel - 54 mph
Falcon - 58 mph
Black Forest - 50 mph
Walsenburg - 66 mph
Westcliffe - 47 mph
Buena Vista - 41 mph
Fort Carson - 78 mph
Florence - 47 mph
Aguilar - 68 mph
Wolf Creek Pass - 43 mph
La Veta Pass - 42 mph
Trinidad - 74 mph
Outages are reported across the city but are concentrated toward south Colorado Springs and the Security/Widefield area.
- Stratmoor Hills (near Interstate 25 and S. Academy Boulevard) has 2,207 utilities customers without power at 8:20 a.m.
- Stratton Meadows (near Interstate 25 and S. Nevada Avenue) had 4,087 customers without power at 8:20 a.m.
Colorado Springs Utilities spokesman Eric Isaacson the power outages were caused by strong winds, adding that customers who see power lines to contact the service company at 448-4800.